There are always more great ideas from Ownership Thinking to help you run your business for ultimate success. The following are from Abraham Maslow’s wonderful book; Maslow on Management. They are important to remember as we create a great organization:
- Assume everyone is to be trusted
- Assume everyone is to be informed as completely as possible of as many facts and truths as possible
- Assume in all of your people the impulse to achieve
- Assume good will among all the members of the organization rather than rivalry or jealousy
- Assume an active trend to self-actualization
- Assume that everyone can enjoy good teamwork, friendship, good group spirit, good belongingness, and group love
- Assume hostility to be primarily reactive rather than character-based
- Assume that people are improvable
- Assume that everyone prefers to feel important, needed, useful, successful, proud, and respected – rather than unimportant, interchangeable, anonymous, wasted, unused, expendable, and disrespected.
The following are the values espoused by one of my favourite companies:
The Four Agreements (by Don Miguel Ruiz):
- Be impeccable with your word
- Don’t make assumptions
- Don’t take anything personally
- Always do your best
Join us for a free Ownership Thinking breakfast session. More information on upcoming sessions in Markham, Mississauga, Ottawa, Sudbury, and Toronto.
Until next time,
Perry Phillips, President
Ownership Thinking Canada
Visit www.ownershipthinking.ca to learn more about Ownership Thinking Canada.